The Building Blocks of Tarot - The Major Arcana
The scope of the Tarot is vast, for it offers metaphysical insights, spiritual teachings and practical guidance, helping you better understand yourself and the universe.
The Tarot cards themselves make up a “Book of Floating Pages” - it is an encyclopedia of picture-archetypes that can be combined to create either a macrocosmic “Map of Life”, or to give a microcosmic reading representing your own life.
The Major Arcana is the most evocative and profound aspect of the Tarot. It is often referenced in esoteric literature and popular culture, so having a deep understanding of these often obscure archetypes is a big head start in your spiritual growth.
If you have an interest in Tarot, or perhaps are curious as to how this exquisite system works, this is an excellent starting point to discover the mystery and magic that the Tarot presents.
This course is carefully guided and fully supported throughout your journey and we're here to answer any question you have as you progress through the cards.
This course is a combination of pre-recorded video instruction that:
- Explains what the Tarot is, as a system and a tool for divination
- Looks at the Major Arcana as a Map of Life
- Tells the story of the Major Arcana
- Explores each of the 22 cards in-depth, examining their meanings, symbology and archetypal relevance
- Introduces Tarot readings with practical examples you can use to begin reading the Tarot
NEW: To make this learning process interactive, we have expanded the scope of the original course to include a Telegram Group in which you can to pose questions and share experiences with Jacques and the group.
The “Building Blocks of Tarot: Major Arcana” course is presented as pre-recorded videos that cover:
- An introduction to the Tarot and the Building Blocks Method
- The Major Arcana as story and Map of Life
- Each of the 22 Major Arcana cards explored in depth
- Some basic spreads so that you can start reading the cards for yourself and others.
In addition, the course offers:
- A Telegram group for additional insight, questions and sharing experiences
- Quizzes to support your learning
- A downloadable manual.
Jacques was born in Australia in 1971. He has degrees in architecture (B.Bdg.A), psychology/languages (B.A) and French Literature at the Université de Nice-Sophia-Antipolis (France) and has also worked as a ceramicist, artist and writer.
Since 1996 he has trained extensively in Conscious Breathwork, Astrology, mythology and Tarot.
“The Building Blocks of Tarot ” (a book explaining the symbolism of the Tarot cards) and “Healing Doorways ” (a visualisation CD) were both released in 2004. In 2007 he published the “Classical Mythology Deck,“ which he illustrated and conceived. The latter is a set of 90 cards covering the principle gods and goddesses of Greek and Roman pantheon.
Jacques first walked the pilgrimage to Santiago-de-Compostela in Spain in July 2001. The experience was so life changing that he now runs a facilitated spiritual process along this ‘Camino’ with other pilgrims almost every year.
He currently lives in São Paulo (Brazil), travelling regularly to South Africa, Europe and the USA.